| < August >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Akureyri in August is quite mild at 10 °C (50 °F).
- Afternoons can be mild with average high temperatures reaching 13 °C (55.4 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally a little cool with an average low of 7 °C (44.6 °F).
- In August there is a variation/ range of mean daily temperatures of 6 °C (10.8 °F).
- The weather in August is dry with rain now and again. A mere 34.1mm (1.3in) of H2O falls during an average of 11 days.
- In August the heavens above Akureyri are somewhat dreary having on balance merely 3:44 of magnificent sunlight daily.
- The shortest day is 15:19 long and the longest day is 18:58 long with an average length of 17:08.
- There are approximately 12:34 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 22.9% of daylight hours and cloudy 77.1% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Akureyri August averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for August in Akureyri, Iceland
Navigate to August Weather in Locations Surrounding Akureyri:
- Jan Mayen Island, Norway - 710.6 kms (441.6 miles) NNE
- Jan Mayen B, Norway - 698.7 kms (434.2 miles) NNE
- Raufarhöfn, Iceland - 128.5 kms (79.9 miles) NE
- Dalatangi, Iceland - 212.8 kms (132.2 miles) E
- Hofn, Holar I Hornafirdi, Iceland - 205.5 kms (127.7 miles) SE
- Kirkjubæjarklaustur, Iceland - 211.3 kms (131.3 miles) S
- Mykines Fyr, Faroe Islands - 645 kms (400.8 miles) ESE
- Hoyvík/ Tórshavn, Faroe Islands - 686.2 kms (426.4 miles) ESE
- Torshavn, Denmark - 686.3 kms (426.5 miles) ESE