| < May >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Akureyri in May is cool at 5.5 °C (41.9 °F).
- Afternoons can be quite mild with average high temperatures reaching 10 °C (50 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally very cool with an average low of 3 °C (37.4 °F).
- The average daily temperature variation/ range in May is 7 °C (12.6 °F).
- The weather in May is droughty with intermittent rain, sleet or snow. A paltry 19.3mm (0.8in) of liquid accrues during an average of 8 days.
- In May the heavens above Akureyri are slightly fair with an average of an unexceptional 5:15 of gorgeous sunlight per day.
- The shortest day is 17:35 long and the longest day is 21:09 long with an average length of 19:24.
- There are approximately 13:19 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 28.3% of daylight hours and cloudy 71.7% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Akureyri May averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for May in Akureyri, Iceland
Navigate to May Weather in Locations Surrounding Akureyri:
- Jan Mayen Island, Norway - 710.6 kms (441.6 miles) NNE
- Jan Mayen B, Norway - 698.7 kms (434.2 miles) NNE
- Raufarhöfn, Iceland - 128.5 kms (79.9 miles) NE
- Dalatangi, Iceland - 212.8 kms (132.2 miles) E
- Hofn, Holar I Hornafirdi, Iceland - 205.5 kms (127.7 miles) SE
- Kirkjubæjarklaustur, Iceland - 211.3 kms (131.3 miles) S
- Mykines Fyr, Faroe Islands - 645 kms (400.8 miles) ESE
- Hoyvík/ Tórshavn, Faroe Islands - 686.2 kms (426.4 miles) ESE
- Torshavn, Denmark - 686.3 kms (426.5 miles) ESE